Saturday, October 06, 2007

my own personal saga


I've been meaning to write about this for some time now, I just didn't have the time, nor the mood. I'm at work now, it's Saturday, it's cloudy, the office is warm like a home now to me and I can't stop thinking that my story here, my life as I have it now, started 10 years ago on the 6th of October. It was the first day of school. I was alone in a huge town (coz it seemed huge at that time). My heart was still at home: my boyfriend was there, my parents, my friends, my pink bedroom. Here I had a cold big house, a tiny room in the attic, a sick aunt, an egoist uncle, a shallow cousin....nobody. I remember I was even crying when I was alone.
Still, I believe my beginning here was fortunate. My luck was meeting people I could rely on, people who helped me tremendously and to whom I am grateful to this day. I learned to love this controversed, sometimes dirty, sometimes glamorous city and I am not sorry I made this choice.

3 comments:

giovanni said...

You describe it vividly and it strikes me you still remember the precise date: 6th of October. You are lucky to have met good people and I guess they would say the same bout you.

Anurim said...

I remember it vividly because those days from the 1st of October (the official opening of the university year) to the 6th of October(first day of actual school) were actually terrible...

Miskin said...

i remember 8 november, same year