Sunday, November 25, 2007

Warsaw .... and my turtles

I must start with the thing that makes me sad: I'm a bad mother, I gave my turtles away!! I donated them to a guy who can't walk, he stays in bed all day long, his sister came and took them away yesterday. I came to think that these turtles were with me during the most troubled period of my life and if they could talk (and have a memory of their own), perhaps they'd have plenty to say (mostly bad things about me being a bad mother, I'm sure). I really hope, in fact, that someone would pay much more attention to them than I did lately. And that they'd be OK.

Warsaw was... strange. Perhaps because the only time I got to visit a part of the old town was by night. It was very cold and foggy, seemed like Twilight Zone a bit. But I looooved the food (if you ever go there, have lunch or dinner at Kompania Piwna!) and the fact that a "large beer" is large indeed, that is 1 L. Of course, Joe and I (Joe is a girl from my office I traveled with) were both very much attracted to the H&M shop in the local mall. Oh, and I almost forgot the Hard Rock Cafe, first time I've ever been into one of those, quite nice, very good food, I even got to see the beginning of a concert of Afromental (these are some Polish guys singing something between reggae, rock and hip-hop as I understood from a cute waiter... Polish MTV as he said).

This weekend I was @work, just as my messenger status announced everybody in my list. I guess everything compensates in this world, hmmm?

No comments: