Monday, February 06, 2006

subway

I've been traveling a lot by subway these days on my way to my English lessons, although I completely hate the subway. It's like we're rats, traveling underground, you can't see anything through the window, it's black, all you can see is the reflection of yourself and other bored people next to you. But it's an interesting way of looking at people; in a bus, I am too preoccupied with the exterior, buildings, people passing by, the atmosphere, but here I am forced to concentrate on my fellow passengers. I noticed that mostly old people read books, some of them have tabloids I sometimes take a peak of, or crosswords. Young people play games on their phones or just stare. Some of them ar not afraid to stare at you, making you feel pretty unconfortable. I only take glances of them and try to image what they're like, what's their life like and what's in their minds when staring at me or at their neighbour.
And might I just say that the difference between me and a 17 year old girl is, except the 10 years between us, not just the looks, but the fact that they are not wearings hats, their coats are short and they must be freezing now, but they just don't care, they have their hands red because of frost, and their ears too, whereas I have lots of clothes on and I am still afraid of being cold. See? that's the difference...they don't care if it's cold...

No comments: